Nmap Development mailing list archives

RE: Helping NMap Get Better OS Detection

From: Craig Humphrey <Craig.Humphrey () ChapmanTripp com>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 14:31:06 +1200

I'm just guessing, but I think the answer to your problem is to get both
devices, let nmap scan them, and report the two signatures to Fyodor.
If the signatures are the same, then you'll need to start digging into the
Nmap code to see how it generates it's signature, then design a similar
style probe that will differentiate the two devices..

But that's just my 2c :)

Later'ish
Craig