Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: nmap+V

From: "Jay Freeman \(saurik\)" <saurik () saurik com>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 17:10:28 -0500

Jamie:

Nmap+V's older versions were able to do this by doing a -sT. It would then
reuse the existing connection from the connect() scan so as to only use the
single connection. I removed this in a recent version (like within the last
month) of nmap+V so I could maintain a smaller patch against Fyodor's base
nmap distribution (as this required making some changes to the addport()
call or something like that that all of the scans used).

I could probably make it so that a -sV that doesn't have any open ports
available performs the open analysis as well. I will make that change
tomorrow, will probably be about 4 lines of code :).

Sincerely,
Jay Freeman (saurik)
saurik () saurik com