Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: NMAP data manipulation and presentation

From: Valter Santos <vsantola () devfusion net>
Date: 04 Apr 2003 11:06:45 +0100

Hi,

if you use the -oX option nmap will output in XML, this will allow you
to parse it and give the look-n-feel to that data the way you want.

cheers,
/valter

On Fri, 2003-04-04 at 10:27, Russell Packer wrote:
Hi,

Sorry if this is too off-topic for this list... spot the n00b!

Anyway, I've searched and searched my favourite on-line documentation center (google) and can't seem to come up with
anything that manipulates the output from Nmap.

What I am trying to achieve is an on-line semi up-to-date network map. Obviously NMap is an ideal agent to collect
information, but I need to present this information in a more graphical way. Ideally, the end application would be
like a network diagram with detailed information on each machine - perhaps even collecting data from sources other
than nmap and integrating that.

Does anyone else use NMap in this way? Can anyone provide any assistance?

--

Valter Santos

vsantola () devfusion net                         |||
http://devfusion.net/~vsantola/keys/          (@ @)