nanog mailing list archives

Re: Mail to Microsoft being falsely marked as spam/bulk

From: Bjoern Franke via NANOG <nanog () nanog org>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2024 13:50:37 +0100

Yes. Or just sending new stuff in the old ticket. (Apparently, you get
a different guy each time, keep trying until you find one who is
willing to act.)

That didn't help either.
First, they asked for a proof that I did not use the IP before. After sending that proof, they told me that the issue (mails junked) was caused by forwarding spam and that I should confirm to Outlooks Technical Standards. After confirming this, they told me that they can't do anything, they have no liberty to discuss the source of the block and that I should take care of complying to Hotmails Technicals Standards.

I've asked them why they even asked for the proof for the usage of the IP if they can't do anything and got no reply.

Regards
Bjoern