nanog mailing list archives

Re: Mail to Microsoft being falsely marked as spam/bulk

From: Mike Hammett <nanog () ics-il net>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2024 08:59:57 -0600 (CST)

https://www.mailop.org/

-----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions

Midwest Internet Exchange

The Brothers WISP

----- Original Message -----

From: "Christopher Hawker" <chris () thesysadmin au>
To: "nanog" <nanog () nanog org>
Sent: Saturday, January 20, 2024 5:07:39 AM
Subject: Mail to Microsoft being falsely marked as spam/bulk

Hi folks,

I'm having an issue with Microsoft email filtering, where it is flagging messages from a private mail server as spam,
with an SCL of 9 and a BCL of 7, resulting in it being sent to the Junk folder.

We are not seeing this issue with Google's mail environment (being filtered to junk), confirmed that SPF, DMARC and
DKIM are all correct and valid and that the domain and IP addresses are not on any block lists.

If there is anyone from Microsoft around that can look into mail issues, could you please reach out to me off-list? Or
if anyone has any ideas/suggestions as to how to resolve this, I'd be thankful to hear from you.

Thanks,
Christopher Hawker