nanog mailing list archives

Re: Legal system as a weapon (was Re: AFRINIC placed in receivership)

From: Collider <large.hadron.collider () gmx com>
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2023 19:54:32 +0000

Lol

Le 30 septembre 2023 19:49:29 UTC, Mel Beckman <mel () beckman org> a écrit :
Just like a lawyer, trying to add layers to the model. :)

-mel

On Sep 30, 2023, at 8:58 AM, Anne Mitchell <amitchell () isipp com> wrote:

On Sep 29, 2023, at 11:20 PM, Mel Beckman <mel () beckman org> wrote:

The seven lawyers of the OSI model

1: Family lawyer (where it all starts)
2: Admiralty lawyer
3: Intellectual Property lawyer (because, of course)
4. Immigration lawyer
5. Real Estate lawyer
6. Entertainment lawyer
7. Labor lawyer

You forgot Estate Planning lawyer and, of course, email law and policy lawyer. :-)

Anne

---
Anne P. Mitchell, Esq.
Email Law & Policy Attorney
CEO Institute for Social Internet Public Policy (ISIPP)
Author: Section 6 of the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 (the Federal email marketing law)
Creator of the term 'deliverability' and founder of the deliverability industry
Author: The Email Deliverability Handbook
Board of Directors, Denver Internet Exchange
Dean Emeritus, Cyberlaw & Cybersecurity, Lincoln Law School
Prof. Emeritus, Lincoln Law School
Chair Emeritus, Asilomar Microcomputer Workshop
Counsel Emeritus, eMail Abuse Prevention System (MAPS)