nanog mailing list archives

Re: maximum ipv4 bgp prefix length of /24 ?

From: Owen DeLong via NANOG <nanog () nanog org>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2023 15:26:25 -0700

On Sep 29, 2023, at 15:14, William Herrin <bill () herrin us> wrote:

On Fri, Sep 29, 2023 at 3:11 PM Owen DeLong <owen () delong com> wrote:
You continue to assume that there is a fast SRAM cache. I’m not sure
that is true. I think that all of the FIB RAM on the line cards is fast SRAM
and no cache.

Hi Owen,

I'm less assuming it and more reading it from this SIGCOMM paper:
https://people.csail.mit.edu/ghobadi/papers/trio_sigcomm_2022.pdf

Fair enough, but interestingly, I think that the compiled line-card forwarding
table probably always fits in the cache.

Owen