nanog mailing list archives

Re: AFRINIC placed in receivership

From: Eric Kuhnke <eric.kuhnke () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2023 15:05:47 -0700

A much better explanation of the situation can be found at:

https://www.theregister.com/2023/07/03/nrs_afrinic_review/

I also recommend that everyone who is not yet familiar with the issue
google Lu Heng and Cloud Innovations, the Hong Kong based corporate entity
in question which caused this.

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=lu+heng+cloud+innovation

The short version of this is that a HK based corporate entity claims it is
the legitimate "owner" of 7 million AFRINIC IPs.