nanog mailing list archives

Re: Best Linux (or BSD) hosted BGP?

From: Tom Beecher <beecher () beecher cc>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2023 10:33:45 -0400

For those that like FRR:
https://thehackernews.com/2023/05/researchers-uncover-new-bgp-flaws-in.html

All 3 of those CVEs look like they were fixed and backported into 8.2
through 8.4 at least 6 months ago.

On Wed, May 3, 2023 at 5:54 AM Hank Nussbacher <hank () efes iucc ac il> wrote:

On 02/05/2023 17:56, Warren Kumari wrote:

For those that like FRR:
https://thehackernews.com/2023/05/researchers-uncover-new-bgp-flaws-in.html

Regards,
Hank

+lots.

I've used a number of Linux routing thingies (BIRD, Quagga,
VyOS/Ubiquiti, OpenBGPd, ExBGP), and FRR is (for me at least) by far
the friendliest. It's trivial to spin this up on a cloud VM and start
announcing a prefix.

For doing something like Anycast though (where you are mostly just
announcing a route on demand), ExaBGP is great.

On Mon, May 01, 2023 at 2:03 PM, Jean Franco <jfranco () maila inf br>