nanog mailing list archives

Re: Best Linux (or BSD) hosted BGP?

From: Warren Kumari <warren () kumari net>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2023 09:56:07 -0500

+lots.

I've used a number of Linux routing thingies (BIRD, Quagga, VyOS/Ubiquiti,
OpenBGPd, ExBGP), and FRR is (for me at least) by far the friendliest. It's
trivial to spin this up on a cloud VM and start announcing a prefix.

For doing something like Anycast though (where you are mostly just
announcing a route on demand), ExaBGP is great.