nanog mailing list archives

Re: NTP Sync Issue Across Tata (Europe)

From: Mel Beckman <mel () beckman org>
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2023 19:40:40 +0000

In a nutshell, no. Refer to my prior cites for detailed explanations. For a list of real-world attack incidents, see

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/NTP_server_misuse_and_abuse#<https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/NTP_server_misuse_and_abuse#:~:text=NTP%20server%20misuse%20and%20abuse%20covers%20a%20number%20of%20practices,the%20NTP%20rules%20of%20engagement.>

 -mel