nanog mailing list archives

Re: Hawaiian ILEC infrastructure and fire

From: Michael Thomas <mike () mtcc com>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2023 11:28:45 -0700

On 8/17/23 11:26 AM, scott via NANOG wrote:

I don't want to overwhelm the list, but since there's interest here's something interesting I just now got from the electric company.  400 poles and 300 transformers.  Wow!

Those of us from California and the west have watched this in abject horror and I myself was completely clueless this was possible.

Mike, who lives 10 miles from where the Caldor fire started that burned all the way to Tahoe and grew up going to Paradise to visit my grandparents