nanog mailing list archives

Re: FCC proposes higher speed goals (100/20 Mbps) for USF providers

From: Jared Mauch <jared () puck nether net>
Date: Sun, 29 May 2022 17:21:15 -0400

Sadly thus us repeating the same problematic data based on average usage by older Americans vs usage by younger people
or those of us with several children.

I agree with the average utilization but when it comes to those peaks my customers can finish their uploads or restores
quickly when they do need it. If they are behind a limiter at 25m suddenly that FedEx or carrier pigeon seems best.

Business I was at today says they need 40mbps

- Jared

Sent via RFC1925 complaint device