nanog mailing list archives

Re: Any sign of supply chain returning to normal?

From: Josh Luthman <josh () imaginenetworksllc com>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2022 09:45:50 -0400

I'd bet it's cheaper and easier to quantify new hardware than software.
Labor was super expensive and now it is ready to implode.

On Thu, May 19, 2022 at 9:27 AM Dave Taht <dave.taht () gmail com> wrote:

As I've been saying for a while, instead of buying new kit, perhaps we
could spend some time on getting better software onto our older kit?
Getting stuff to multiplex better, be more reliable, last longer?

It isn't just me wanting to upgrade a billion+ routers with existing
crappy software to openwrt, is it?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1T21on7g1MqQZoK91epUdxLYFGdtyLRgBat0VXoC9e3I/edit