nanog mailing list archives

Re: PoE, Comcast Modems, and Service Outages

From: Niels Bakker <niels=nanog () bakker net>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2022 22:43:59 +0200

On Tue, Mar 29, 2022 at 11:21:28AM -0700, Aaron de Bruyn via NANOG wrote:
When I said "yes", he said I needed to disable PoE because it messes with the Comcast modems and he can see "buildups" in his graphs that show power is "leaking" to the Comcast modem every 24 hours.

This guy must have a side business selling crystals, or those Faraday cages to contain the bad type of WiFi or 3/4/5G radiation, or some other scam.

* jgreco () ns sol net (Joe Greco) [Tue 29 Mar 2022, 20:52 CEST]:
People who can, do. People who can't, tech support. Worth remembering.

I think this smearing of an entire line of work is uncalled for.

        -- Niels.