nanog mailing list archives

Re: VoLTE and SRTP

From: Raymond Burkholder <ray () oneunified net>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2022 15:14:03 -0700

On 2022-03-08 2:58 p.m., Michael Thomas wrote:

Hi, I was reading an article on why Russia hasn't taken out Ukraine's mobile networks and one of the premises was that they could use it to eavesdrop on calls. Depending on how old their infrastructure is, that doesn't make sense as I would assume that along with e2e SIP

I saw a tweet where they said a Russian soldier called up the chain of command on cell because the supplied secure radios weren't functional in some manner at one point.  Local cell might be the back up plan.  Take it for what it is worth.