nanog mailing list archives

Re: Authoritative Resources for Public DNS Pinging

From: Łukasz Bromirski <lukasz () bromirski net>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2022 15:53:15 +0100

Yup. And Google folks accounted for the world pinging them all day long.

I wouldn't call using DNS resolvers as best "am I connected to internet over this interface" tool though. A day, year
or 5 years from now the same team may decide to drop/filter and then thousands of hardcoded "handmade automation
solutions" will break. And I believe that's closer to what Masataka was trying to convey.

—
Łukasz Bromirski