nanog mailing list archives

Re: Sites blocking ISP Addresses

From: Grant Taylor via NANOG <nanog () nanog org>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2022 21:23:18 -0700

On 12/1/22 10:21 AM, Owen DeLong via NANOG wrote:
The WAF is under control of the site, but many sites blindly implement the recommendations of the WAF provider.

I have heard tell of a CDN / WAF that is generally held in good regard having a free tier that many people use that is much less flexible than the paid tiers. As in things are enabled by default and you can't disable them. -- I have no first hand experience with said CDN / WAF save as a consumer behind such CDN / WAF.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die