nanog mailing list archives

Re: IPv6 woes - RFC

From: Mark Tinka <mark@tinka.africa>
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2021 06:33:25 +0200

On 9/5/21 04:49, John Levine wrote:

Well, some of us are.  I have a choice of an excellent local fiber ISP that
does not offer IPv6 or Spectrum cable which is generally awful but does have v6.
So I use a tunnel.

I have asked my ISP about IPv6 and their answer is that that they're not opposed to
it but since I am the only person who has asked for it, it's quite low on the list
of things to do.

Supporting the routing and forwarding of IP addresses is just about the most basic thing any ISP should do.

If that is low on their to-do list, what else could they possibly be doing?

Mark.