nanog mailing list archives

Re: DNS pulling BGP routes?

From: Masataka Ohta <mohta () necom830 hpcl titech ac jp>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2021 22:47:49 +0900

Baldur Norddahl wrote:

Around here there are certain expectations if you sell a product called IP
Transit and other expectations if you call the product paid peering.

That some word is used for marketing hype with an intentional
self-contradicting definition is not my problem, at all.

The so-called "tier" of a company is a meaningless term.

I have been using that term properly, which means it is meaningful
if people use it properly. So is "peering".

Sabri Berisha wrote:

> The term "network neutrality" was invented by people who want to
> control a network owned and paid for by someone else.

Excellent theory.
                                                Masataka Ohta