nanog mailing list archives

Re: Questions about IRR best practices

From: Jay Hennigan <jay () west net>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2021 16:40:30 -0800

Tagging onto this thread as it's relevant to me.

Is there any mechanism for removing stale cruft that someone else has added to IRR? Two of our subnets have some cruft from an automated script that was accurate in 2006 when they were created, but are no longer valid.

Long story short, we consolidated acquisitions into a single AS, returned the old AS to ARIN, and a 2006 RADB entry that looks to have been auto-generated by Level 3 with the old AS is still hanging around, causing other to question it.

--
Jay Hennigan - jay () west net
Network Engineering - CCIE #7880