nanog mailing list archives

Re: is ipv6 fast, was silly Redeploying

From: Masataka Ohta <mohta () necom830 hpcl titech ac jp>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2021 16:42:01 +0900

Owen DeLong wrote:

Again, wrong. The number is growing exponentially primarily
because of the fragmentation that comes from recycling
addresses.

Nope… It occurs when (e.g. HP or MIT or AMPR) sell off pieces of a
class A as smaller prefixes to various other purchasers.

That, by no means, is not recycling. Moreover, most, if not
all, entities purchasing address ranges use them with multihoming.

> ROFLMAO you are demonstrating your extreme detachment from reality:

So, you have never thought about the reason why people buy
IP addresses.

>> https://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-ohta-e2e-multihoming-02.txt
>
> THat's not one of the alternatives I was talking about.

That you haven't mentioned any alternative and have talked
about nothing is your problem.

                                                Masataka Ohta