nanog mailing list archives

Re: Redploying most of 127/8 as unicast public

From: Owen DeLong via NANOG <nanog () nanog org>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2021 08:16:16 -0800

You are proposing a deal involving paper money you have on your person
to your fellow passengers on the Titanic; that is the essence of your
proposed bet hedging. Having studied the market for IPv4, it is a no-
brainer to realise the driving force behind all these schemes. Delaying
the inevitable is just going to make some people richer, to the detriment
of others.  I see no reason to support that.

That’s because you and I are probably on the wrong side of the benefit/detriment
divide.

No doubt those pushing the proposal(s) think they have a way to be on the
benefit side of said divide.

Owen