nanog mailing list archives

Re: DANE of SMTP Survey

From: "babydr DBA James W. Laferriere" <babydr () baby-dragons com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2021 13:41:29 -0800 (AKDT)

        Hello Mr. Tinka & Mr. Andrews ,  Please see below .

On Thu, 3 Jun 2021, Mark Tinka wrote:
On 6/3/21 00:25, babydr DBA James W. Laferriere wrote:

        The Below is to keep thread of thought accurate ...
On Wed, 2 Jun 2021, Mark Tinka wrote:
* Step 2 - take your time cluing up on getting your zone signed, and
 being part of the solution toward a more secure Internet. No
 pressure, at your pace.

    Again ,  Will this handle the case of self-signed only ?

Not sure I understand your question, in both cases of recursion and authoritative.

The Signing of the 'Zone' , Can the 'Zone' be signed by a self-signed key ? Or MUST I (and others) rely on a external certificate authority ?

        Mind you I notice in rfc6487 (note(s)) about self-signed certificates .
So Maybe I am being a bit over worried about having to spend more money just to keep my 2 ip-ranges routing in light of the RPKI initative(s) .

        Which Mr. Andrews response below answers quite succinctly ,