nanog mailing list archives

RE: Muni broadband sucks (was: New minimum speed for US broadband connections)

From: Travis Garrison <tgarrison () netviscom com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2021 16:15:33 +0000

In my opinion, if a city is installing a fiber network for other providers to use, they need to plan on active-e only.
Let it be up to the providers back at the head end to either plug the individual strands into a switch for active-e or
into a splitter for a PON type setup.

Thank you
Travis Garrison