nanog mailing list archives

Re: .bv ccTLD

From: Cynthia Revström via NANOG <nanog () nanog org>
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2021 21:28:32 +0100

On 2021-12-04, at 16:18, Cynthia Revström via NANOG <nanog () nanog org> wrote:

I think pretty much all codes ending in an X is because there were no
better ones available. (I am not certain on this part though)

I don’t think the Mexicans would agree :-)

Oh oops, not sure how I forgot about that one, I just thought about
ax, cx, and sx.

.bx (Benelux) is reserved only, but it is another counter-example.

I am really nitpicking here but I believe BX is one of the cases of
not being a ccTLD but just ISO 3166-1 alpha-2 code for some other
reason (seemingly for trademark/IP reasons in this case).

-Cynthia