nanog mailing list archives

Re: wow, lots of akamai

From: Mark Tinka <mark@tinka.africa>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2021 11:43:40 +0200

On 4/2/21 00:56, Patrick W. Gilmore wrote:

And after all that, I still do not see what we are arguing about? You want the game companies to change their business model, but you do not want to change yours. Please do not say something like “but if they just ….” Unless you want the game companies to say “but if the ISPs just ….” Either way, stop trying to say someone else - the game provider, the CDN, the user, whoever - should change their model or spend their money to keep your business above water.

I know - don't sign up customers who smell like they have gaming consoles, gaming PC's, or gaming hand-held devices :-).

#ProblemSolved

Mark.