nanog mailing list archives

Re: Submitting Fake Geolocation for blocks to Data Brokers and RIRs

From: nanoguser100 via NANOG <nanog () nanog org>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2021 21:44:37 +0000

William,

The plan is to carve out a /24 for "Estonia" and have special servers on it.  This would be the same /24 I'd have to
use if I were to put a legitimate POP there.  This also means I don't conflict with the real Germany.

I am just worried about violating the 'rules' of these providers and getting myself blacklisted from submitting
corrections.  Afterall the traceroute will still show us hitting a router in Germany before it hits my network.
Traceroutes aren't the end all be all but it's a tell-tale sign.

I guess this is all ISP-reported info so it's not "illegal" or a violation in any way.

-Nanoguser100

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.