nanog mailing list archives

Re: Juniper configuration recommendations/BCP

From: Ryan Hamel <ryan () rkhtech org>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2020 16:23:29 -0700

There is linux happening in some devices.

https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/topics/concept/evo-overview.html

Ryan

On Thu, Oct 8, 2020, 4:16 PM Matt Harris <matt () netfire net> wrote:

Matt Harris​
| Infrastructure Lead Engineer
816‑256‑5446
| Direct
Looking for something?
*Helpdesk Portal* <https://help.netfire.net/>
| *Email Support* <help () netfire net>
| *Billing Portal* <https://my.netfire.net/>
We build and deliver end‑to‑end IT solutions.
On Thu, Oct 8, 2020 at 5:51 PM Chris Boyd <cboyd () gizmopartners com> wrote:

On Oct 8, 2020, at 10:55 AM, <aaron1 () gvtc com> <aaron1 () gvtc com> wrote:

JunOS is so linux based

Um, my MX-204 says FreeBSD amd64.

Junos has always had a large basis coming from FreeBSD way back when.

There's no Linux going on in Junos itself as far as I know, however
Juniper does utilize Wind River Linux as an intermediary virtualization
step for some of their virtualized products like the vSRX.