nanog mailing list archives

Re: 5G roadblock: labor

From: "Radu-Adrian Feurdean" <nanog () radu-adrian feurdean net>
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2020 18:52:30 +0100

On Fri, Jan 3, 2020, at 16:38, Paul Nash wrote:
And more interestingly, if that city's residents and visitors had the
option of connecting to active 5G or wi-fi, what do we think they'd choose?

They’d probably choose whichever popped un onto the device first.

Don't know how things work in US, but mobile devices sold here in Europe do prefer wifi over cellular. If a
pre-"approved" wifi network exists, and it doesn't have a captive portal, it will be systematically preferred.

And here in France we have some networks lile this. they use SIM-EAP.