nanog mailing list archives

Re: 10g residential CPE

From: Mark Tinka <mark.tinka () seacom com>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2020 23:11:17 +0200

On 12/28/20 22:24, Aaron Wendel wrote:

We still build when needed. We're in the process of building to 700 new apartments so we can provide them with free service.  We're actually pulling 576 strands into the basement of one building to backhaul each apartment to it's own switch port in the new hut we just deployed to service that new development.  (we don't use a PON system.  Everyone has a dedicated switch port.)  Also, keep in mind that this isn't all we do.  This is a very small part of a much bigger pie.  So I agree with you.  If this was it then it would make no sense.  When you look at all the pieces together it makes perfect sense.

* Drops mic *

Mark.