nanog mailing list archives

Re: Mx204 alternative

From: "tim () pelican org" <tim () pelican org>
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2019 17:07:07 +0100 (BST)

On Monday, 2 September, 2019 15:03, "Valdis Klētnieks" <valdis.kletnieks () vt edu> said:

Hardened?  Is this just "will survive in a not-well-cooled telco closet"
hardening,
or something more.... unusual?

I don't see specs yet, but I would expect it's the former, similar to the MX104 against the rest of the MX range.
NEBS-compliances, and -40C to 65C operating temperature range (standard 0C to 46C).  We've been very grateful for the
latter in exchange (CO) installations - old, brick buildings weary from decades of housing Strowgers are at times hot
and filthy compared to your average DC.

Regards,
Tim.