nanog mailing list archives

Re: IPv6 Pain Experiment

From: Owen DeLong <owen () delong com>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2019 11:28:57 -0700

You’re selecting a very limited subset of ICMP that happens to
contain a portion of a packet that happens to contain a port
number (or two).

It is merely that you don't understand ICMP at all.

Really, it’s not, but I know you like to feel smug and superior, so enjoy that.

See above. The context is TCP.

Now there is no context. Previously, there was both a UDP and TCP context
and you only addressed TCP as if UDP was irrelevant.

You don't understand UDP, either, at all.

Actually, I understand it quite well.

That's very elementary explanations on ICMP and UDP.
Yes, thanks for yet another condescending comment proving that
you completely missed the point of my post. It's always a pleasure.

You should really feel indebted to me because it's not a pleasure
for me to answer questions having no valid points.

Rest assured that I will not feel slighted in any way if you were to
stop doing so. Please feel free to stop at any time.

Owen