nanog mailing list archives

Re: "Using Cloud Resources to Dramatically Improve Internet Routing"

From: Clayton Zekelman <clayton () MNSi Net>
Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2019 11:24:32 -0400

He adds that while communication by servers on the ground might take hundreds of milliseconds, in the cloud the same operation may take only one millisecond from one machine to another. “It’s orders of magnitude faster, and in the cloud we can easily afford more bandwidth resources, too. The photons have less distance to travel in the cloud than on the ground. All these factors make outsourcing the decision-making to the cloud more advantageous.” The researchers say this new approach of enabling interdomain routing as a service is “a radically different approach compared to today’s practice.”

I think this would work if you re-route the plasma conduits on deck 23 to the output of the main deflector dish.