nanog mailing list archives

Re: "Using Cloud Resources to Dramatically Improve Internet Routing"

From: "Radu-Adrian Feurdean" <nanog () radu-adrian feurdean net>
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2019 13:42:48 +0200

On Mon, Oct 7, 2019, at 16:42, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
Executive summary: it's SDN for BGP. Centralizing Internet routing,
what could go wrong? (As the authors say, "One reason is there is no
single entity that has a big picture of what is going on, no
manager". I wonder who will be Internet's manager.)

Otherwise, an impressive amount of WTF. My favorite: "while
communication by servers ___on the ground___ might take hundreds of
milliseconds, in the cloud the same operation may take only one
millisecond from one machine to another" I thought that universities
were full of serious people, but university of Massachusets may be an
exception?

What I find to be the worst part is in the first phrase : "... have received a three-year, $1.2 million grant to
develop and test ..."
That makes 200k$/year/person. I find it quite a lot for bu**sh*t-bingo content.