nanog mailing list archives

Re: Power cut if temps are too high

From: Wayne Bouchard <web () typo org>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2019 00:13:39 -0700

Time Delay Relays are available with fixed or variable settings. if
you're going the mechanical approach vs scripted monitor and SNMP sort
of trigger, you can use this to cause a standard relay or SCR to trip
to raise the alarm (and hopefully also flash a warning light and/or
audibly sound an alert where people are supposed to be) when both
sensors read positive and then have the TDR do its thing when the
timer expires.

Word of caution though... any system like this needs to have some sort
of a reset and bypass in case anyone can actually catch it before it
goes down and restore environmentals rather than taking the hard
outage since that alone does lots of damage to equipment that has been
in place for a good while. You also probably ought to make sure that
the present state of said system and its pieces are visible so you can
make sure you're going to restart correctly.

-Wayne