nanog mailing list archives

Re: SMTP Over TLS on Port 26 - Implicit TLS Proposal [Feedback Request]

From: Doug Royer <douglasroyer () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2019 19:31:42 -0700

On 1/11/19 10:38 AM, Viruthagiri Thirumavalavan wrote:
Hello NANOG, Belated new year wishes.

I would like to gather some feedback from you all.

I'm trying to propose two things to the Internet Standard and it's related to SMTP.

Your post to this list was (according to the headers):
    11 Jan 2019 23:08:21 +0530

Yet on the IETF-smtp mailing list at:
    Wed, 9 Jan 2019 12:29:43 +0530

*You* wrote (in part):
  I'm the guy who proposed SMTP Over TLS on Port 26. Looks like that was
  dead end. So, now coming with another proposal.

Question: Why did you post something on NANOG that you already declared to the IETF yourself as a "dead end" 2 days earlier? I read all of the IETF emails on this idea. They explained why it is currently a no-starter as proposed.

--

Doug Royer - (http://DougRoyer.US  http://goo.gl/yrxJTu )
DouglasRoyer () gmail com