nanog mailing list archives

Re: MAP-E

From: Jay Hanke <jayhanke () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2019 15:55:02 -0500

I can't think of a public presentation off the top of my head that
explains how each major transition technology works, and the pros and
cons of each. There must be one, but it's hard to cover the major
options in an hour.

Actually your post is better than a presentation. I was quite
surprised at the adoption rate of DS-Lite. There must be some pretty
decent B4 implementations with that many operators deployed.

Even though the spreadsheet is small sample size, there isn't much
DS-lite deployment in the US.

So from 10k feet, MAP-E is basically the same thing as DS-Lite except
for the location of the NAT?