nanog mailing list archives

Re: Comcast storing WiFi passwords in cleartext?

From: Brandon Jackson via NANOG <nanog () nanog org>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2019 16:10:23 -0400

That is not related to the Gateway at all, nor done on the local network
are missing with the local network as I was describing. That is further
Upstream.

Brandon Jackson

On 2019-04-23 18:32, Brandon Jackson via NANOG wrote:
I'm not saying they are doing anything nefarious or packet capping the
local network or anything of that nature that is a little on the tin
foil hat side for me personally,
Except they (Comcast) are doing literally that.  When you get close to
your data cap for the month, they inject a warning popup into
unencrypted webpages.  They also modify DNS replies in flight even when
you don't use their resolvers.

Source: direct observation