nanog mailing list archives

Re: Most peered AS per country

From: Mark Tinka <mark.tinka () seacom mu>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2018 08:31:24 +0200

On 28/Nov/18 03:56, Mehmet Akcin wrote:

I am noticing provider A enters market X saying they are tier 1
network but they do not have a si ngle peering session in country and
they backhaul everything back to market Z where they deliver traffic
to the peer via high latency and low performance method. This is
causing market to receive pricing targets which are unrealistic and
hurting telecoms who are genuinely trying to do right thing and
establish in country direct peering with peers.

In my experience, the market quickly tends to correct itself once the
fizz dies out and reality hits. Typical time span has been about 12 months.

Mark.