nanog mailing list archives

RE: CenturyLink

From: Matthew Huff <mhuff () ox com>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2018 11:58:19 +0000

Actually, on all our trading systems, our times are synced via PTP instead of ntpd for at least 50 microsecond
accuracy. The stratum 1 clocks as well as NIST time are only used as comparison to verify compliance and reality. We
use ntpq to determine the offset  from NIST for reporting.

----
Matthew Huff             | 1 Manhattanville Rd
Director of Operations   | Purchase, NY 10577
OTA Management LLC       | Phone: 914-460-4039