nanog mailing list archives

Re: IPv6 migration steps for mid-scale isp

From: Max Tulyev <maxtul () netassist ua>
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2017 20:13:10 +0300

Hello,

for my point of view, the start question is do you control CPEs (can
re-configure and re-flash it), or users buy and own CPEs themself?

On 13.09.17 15:08, Fredrik Sallinen wrote:
Hello,

Recently we have decided to start IPv6 migration in our network. We
have ~1K BNGs and connecting our customers to network using PPPoE.
I'd be interested in hearing from the technical community about their
experiences and recommendations on this process. I'm wondering:

Shall I go for IPv6-only deployment or dual stack?
Where to start with IPv6? (core, edge or ...)
What are the best practices for ISPs?
What are the costs and return on investment?
How to identify address CPE and legacy application issues?

Fredrik