nanog mailing list archives

Re: backbones filtering unsanctioned sites

From: Christopher Morrow <morrowc.lists () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2017 15:03:11 -0500

On Fri, Feb 10, 2017 at 1:39 PM, Mike Hammett <nanog () ics-il net> wrote:

Have we determined that this is intentional vs. some screw up?

if you look at the cogent LG it's pretty clear that the announce
reachability for the /20 that includes the tpb /32.. and that the /32 is
particularly routed elsewhere, and that the 'elsewhere' is coming form a
bgp speaker who's DNS says something along the lines of: "blackhole"...

so... err, either someone fat-fingered OR intentionally entered a /32 into
the config management system :(

-----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions