nanog mailing list archives

RE: Alternatives to ISE?

From: "Christopher J. Wolff" <cjwolff () nola gov>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2017 15:00:51 +0000

Ray,

I'm running 2.2 with 17000 endpoints in a 7 node deployment.

Main Problems:
-Replication slow or failed
-Displaying endpoints ends up in a "Shards" error or crashes the GUI (documented Cisco bug)
-Wifi Container Service (?) fails
-Inaccurate license counts causing license alarms
-Moments where unable to add or see network devices
-Profile rules are not catching certain hosts (even when you hardcode the OUI)

I'm certain I'm forgetting a few but you get the drift.

Yours in service,

Christopher J. Wolff | Network Operations
Information Technology & Innovation
City of New Orleans

(o) 504.658.7817
(m) 504.265.6306