nanog mailing list archives

Re: Alternatives to ISE?

From: Eriks Rugelis <eriks () netideainc ca>
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2017 10:36:21 -0500

$dayjob is a university where we use PacketFence to support .1x for a population of approx. 28K concurrent Wi-Fi
devices.

It took us a couple of iterations but we now have a clustered deployment (of VM’s) model which routinely handles >1200
logins per second, has a fair bit of headroom left over and can scale larger as required.

We have been very satisfied with the responsiveness and capabilities of tech support by Inverse.ca.   All this and the
price point is hard to beat.

I have no personal interest in Inverse other than as a satisfied customer.

Our presentation on the scalable deployment model for PF may be found by searching the web for “Authentication for big
Wi-Fi”.

Eriks
---
Eriks Rugelis