nanog mailing list archives

Re: Request for comment -- BCP38

From: Stephen Satchell <list () satchell net>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2016 07:47:50 -0700

On 09/26/2016 07:11 AM, Paul Ferguson wrote:
No -- BCP38 only prescribes filtering outbound to ensure that no
packets leave your network with IP source addresses which are not
from within your legitimate allocation.

So, to beat that horse to a fare-thee-well, to be BCP38 compliant I need, on every interface sending packets out to the internet, to block any source address matching a subnet in the BOGON list OR not matching any of my routeable network subnets? Plus add null-route entries for all the BOGONs in my routing table so I don't send a bad destination packet to my upstream?