nanog mailing list archives

Re: sub $500-750 CPE firewall for voip-centric application

From: Mark Tinka <mark.tinka () seacom mu>
Date: Fri, 6 May 2016 20:02:18 +0200

On 6/May/16 18:59, amuse wrote:

One question I have is:  Is there any reason to believe that the source
code for Sonicwall, Cisco, etc are any better than the PFSense code?  Or
are we just able to see the PFSense code and make unfounded assumptions
that the commercial code is in better shape?

A fair question.

And I suppose one could say that if you are unhappy with the code, make
a contribution to make it better.

We have ran them for years, and while no system is without problems, for
the amount of value you receive, I can't really complain.

Mark.