nanog mailing list archives

Re: PCH Peering Paper

From: "Livingood, Jason" <Jason_Livingood () comcast com>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2016 14:49:41 +0000

On 2/12/16, 8:56 PM, "NANOG on behalf of Niels Bakker"
<nanog-bounces () nanog org on behalf of niels=nanog () bakker net> wrote:

* bedard.phil () gmail com (Phil Bedard) [Sat 13 Feb 2016, 01:40 CET]:
I was going to ask the same thing, since even for settlement free
peering between large content providers and eyeball networks there
are written agreements in place.  I would have no clue on the volume
percentage but it's not going to be near 99%.

It's much closer to 99% than to 50%, though.

Any reference on that? I¹m wondering who (if anyone) is formally measuring
/ tracking this and seeing the exact trend over time.

Thanks
Jason