nanog mailing list archives

Re: Is there a DNS lookup, traceroute, ping and HTTP GET as a service?

From: Alex Krohn <alex-nanog () gt net>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2015 15:48:35 -0800

Hi,

Kurt Kraut via NANOG wrote:
Hi,

I'm evaluating different datacenters and vendors accross the globe and it
isn't worthy to perform tests like DNS, traceroute, ping and HTTP GET from
my office. I need to be able to perform this tests remotely, from multiple
endpoints.

Have you checked out some of the website monitoring sites?

Can also look at GTmetrix:

    https://gtmetrix.com/

which has rest api to launch real browser from a bunch of different
locations and then can access the HAR file to see time to first byte,
dns resolution, and a bunch of other metrics.

    https://gtmetrix.com/reports/www.nanog.org/INgQIGE6#waterfall

Full disclosure, GT owns it (but you can do everything you want with
free api).

Cheers,

Alex