nanog mailing list archives

Re: Is there a DNS lookup, traceroute, ping and HTTP GET as a service?

From: A.L.M.Buxey () lboro ac uk
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2015 17:24:33 +0000

Hi,

About RIPE ATLAS, I already have one of their boxes and it never worked.
Simply doesn't appear as online. Their support just barely gave me some
tips but with no meaningful result. I need something reliable and I'm
willing to pay for this service. RIPE Atlas falls in the category of 'best
effort'.

RIPE Atlas probes? you just plug them intoa working network with DHCP and
away they go - I'd investigate why it doesnt work - RIPE expect probe users
to be technically proficient and that the networks that the probes are on arent
RIPEs to debug/troubleshoot.   once you have a working one iy can do tests but
you then also have access to the testing system that they offer allowing you
to do on-demand tests for various things from probes around the world whever you
want - depending on how many points you have. I have a few million or so points :-)

alan